Friday, November 11, 2011

It's like I never got banded - until I burp

Today I realized a few things regarding my band.

  1. I don't feel like I even went through the surgery (although my surgery was only 2 months ago)
  2. I know I went through my surgery because when I do have to burp, it feels so much different than it used to...and I have "gas" that gets stuck, and it hurts more when I can't burp.
  3. I know that until I go in for a fill, I'm basically doing all of this on my own; and I really can't wait until the 19th for my 1st fill.
  4. Laying on my stomach is very uncomfortable where my port is.
  5. I can feel my port anytime of any day, and it freaks the Mister out.

There are other things, but those are the most frequent.  I am proud of myself that I am either staying the same weight or losing, but am frustrated that it's not consistent (the losing).

There are things I should be doing to help myself, but am not.  I am still not 100% on an eating schedule, although I am up to 3 meals per day with usually only 1 snack.  I am almost every day drinking at least 8 glasses of water, which is great. 

I am not getting daily exercise, and that has got to change.  Today I picked up my Kinect (yeay, I love it so far!) as well as Just Dance 3 which is a pretty good workout.  We also have another game, but both get me moving and grooving.  That is a plus. 

The Mister and I agreed that I will pack a gym bag and on my way home from work I will go to the gym.  I hate going to the gym after work, but on Tuesday and Thursday I have been getting off before 4 pm, which hopefully means there isn't going to be the "after work" crowd.

I should be eating more vegetables.  I get adequate amounts of protein (which is harder than I ever thought it would be), but when I'm still hungry, I lean towards starches.  I need to attempt to lean towards veggies until I can get to my goal weight.

This is an ongoing process, but at times I still feel as if I am failing, and it hurts my ego.  I have my on going to-do lists and what not, but now I need to keep a goal list, and maybe bribe myself.  If I can complete such and such goal, I get xyz (whatever it is I list).  I just might do that. 

Hope everyone has a splendid holiday weekend (or regular weekend if you don't have the holiday off). 

-Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. I feel you on the burp thing, just not the same..

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're in bandster hell, and it sucks, we've all been there. Unfortunately mine lasted for 7 months!! hang in there, once you start getting fills it DOES get better. you're making an effort, not just giving up and throwing your hands in the air and eating whatever you want, so that's a victory in itself!!

    ReplyDelete