Sunday, May 12, 2013

First Fill Since October 2012

Yesterday I went in for my first fill since October 2012.

I have not been utilizing my lapband, and decided maybe it was time.

I've been having a hard time getting pregnant over the last year, and my husband and I haven't been in the best place, and I feel like I've been crazy lately; so I needed something to focus on and LapBand won.

I was fortunate that this time was my favorite doctor doing my fill (I've gotten a different doctor every single time I have gone in for a fill), and he is very easy to talk to.  So I voiced all of my concerns with lapband and why I haven't been going and he said he would take care of me (which made me laugh and think 'yea right' in my head); but he did.

I was in and out of my appointment in about a half hour (which is amazing compared to the other appointments I have gone through), and he found my port on first poke (hooray!).  He gave me a 1cc fill (which is larger than any other fill I've gotten), and said to come back in 4 weeks.  I had a really good experience at the appointment.

After the appointment, well, that's another story.  My family and I were headed out of town to celebrate early mother's day with my Mom and sister, and all was fine at first.

I did not eat before my appointment (I never do and always tell myself I should eat breakfast, but ultimately never do).  So we were meeting for lunch, and I sat down and ordered water and an alcoholic beverage (liquid diet right, lol); all was fine until the Mr. ordered an appetizer (my Mom and sister were running 45 minutes late), so I took a piece of Ahi and without even thinking, ate it like I would normally have eaten it.  That SO did not go over well.

For the rest of the meal (and I ordered soup), I could not eat.  I got up a few times to go to the restroom, and all my liquids kept coming up, and finally after 4 times, the tuna came up.  This is the first time this has EVER happened and it really freaked me out.

I went and walked around while my family ate the rest of their meal, and ended up at Jamba Juice where I got a fruit/veggie smoothie with some protein powder in it (and it went down fine and stayed down!).  We were supposed to go get pedicures, but I wasn't feeling too hot, so I chose to go home.

Came home, napped, and when I got up I wanted food so I had some beans mixed with ground beef and added some green sauce to it to make it thinner and that went down fine (plus a ton of protein, which I know I needed).  I stuck with water the rest of the night, and slept off and on all night.

Today I woke up really cranky, and I'm just not in the mood to deal with people (Happy Mother's Day right?).  I ate some more bean/meat/sauce concoction and it went down fine. 

I think this is the first fill that I actually feel a true difference in how I am eating.  When I first got the lapband, there were foods that were uncomfortable to eat (bread, rice, most pasta, mainly bread - I haven't had a sandwich in 2 years; crazy!), but now I'm noticing not only is it what I eat, but how I eat it.  I really need to focus on taking my time and taking small bites.  I love Ahi to death, but I can't eat a big piece with ginger's just not going to happen.

- Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment