Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sleep Study coming up.

Tomorrow I am headed to a trip down to LA to conduct a sleep study.  I have to check in later in the evening, so my husband and I are hoping to go down early, and kind of take a look of the town.  The last time I was in LA was for my bachelorette party/girls weekend, which was really nice.  I'm not sure if my husband's ever been to LA or not to tell you the truth.

The sleep study is only a concern because I have a hard time falling asleep.  Last night I went to bed around 4 am, and the night before that was 3 am.  I'm known to stay up all hours of the night, even if I have to get up early in the morning.  It's a bit annoying at times.  I'm hoping that I just need a new schedule and nothing is wrong with me.  We'll see; tonight my goal is to be in bed before midnight, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Then Saturday morning when I wake up, I go straight over to the EGD/endoscopy.  They're hoping I'll be awake around 7/7:30 am so they can start prepping me.  How many people who have sleeping disorders actually wake up at 7 am?  Just curious.  I know when I make it to bed anytime after 3 am, I usually don't wake up until 9 or 10 am; later if I had the time to sleep in.  There are days where I literally waste the day sleeping, which doesn't help the cause of not getting to bed at a decent hour.  Even on days where I get minimal sleep, I'm still up until about 2 am, then I'm exhausted.

Every night seems to be a battle with forcing myself to go to sleep.  It's frustrating, and overwhelming, but hopefully nothing is wrong with me and it's just me needing to be on a schedule.

Saturday's EGD will be my first experience going under anesthesia, and I am slightly nervous about that.  Since I'm a paranoid person in general, anesthesia scares me.  Even though the doctor's always say they've done XYZ amount of surgeries, and 100% of their patients have woken up...what if I'm the one that doesn't?  Crazy thinking, I'm aware.  I'm not as worried as I originally was, because I trust that I'll be fine.

- Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment