Thursday, September 1, 2011

Tests, tests, and more tests...

I am that much closer to having my pre-op clearance.

This morning I went to the hospital, checked in (and for those who read my rant yesterday, no, they did not charge me anything out of pocket), and went about three different departments for testing.

First it was off to Respiratory for an EKG.  That went fine.  Then to Lab for blood work and a urine test, took under ten minute.  Then to X-ray for a chest x-ray...that took forever.  I would have never thought in my head that the Radiology department would have been the most busy in the hospital (or sections I had to visit today).

Overall it was a pretty good morning, didn't take very long; about an hour.  I used to work at our local hospital, so it was nice to see some old faces, and hear how much I'm missed.  All of the required tests are done, and on they should be faxed to my doctor either today or tomorrow.

Tuesday morning I go to meet with my doctor, and I should be cleared.  I also got word that I will get a call on Tuesday morning from my lap-band surgeon, and get all the information about next Thursday.  I called today to see what time it would be scheduled, since I will have to travel 2 1/2-3 hours to get the surgery.  Their phone cut off, and for whatever reason it wouldn't ring back.  So I gave up.  I think The Mister and I will go down the night before (like we planned), and get a hotel.  Then after surgery, drive back home.  Oh the drive.  LA traffic is horrible at that, no matter what time you are driving, there's all kinds of people out.

I'm pretty excited today went so smoothly, especially since yesterday was so frustrating for me.  So far so good on my liquids today.  I've had protein shakes, some soup, and some crystal light.  I'm no sure how I feel about crystal light...it's not my favorite taste...we'll see.

- Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw your blog mentioned on Robyn's. I look forward to following you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I look forward to reading your blog. It's so motivating to see people who have it and are changing their life. I'm pretty excited to be able to say I did the same.

    ReplyDelete